Add some non-dairy yogurt and some fresh fruit to make it a lunch!
Servings: 12 muffins
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour pastry
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup soy yogurt vanilla
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup zucchini firmly, packed, grated
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup walnuts chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the first 6 (dry) ingredients in a mixing bowl. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the yogurt and oil. Stir together until smoothly combined. Stir in the zucchini, raisins, and optional walnuts.
- Divide the batter between 12 muffin tins and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the tops are golden and a small knife inserted in the center of a muffin tests clean. Cool on a rack. Wrap well in plastic wrap to send in a lunch box.