Vegan Classic Jiffy Corn Pudding
Corn pudding is a classic dish for my childhood. This is an adaptation from the recipe my grandma used for every holiday dinner.
The original recipe uses sour cream, butter and eggs. This vegan version is a relatively straight conversion, using Neat eggs (or other egg replacer), almond yogurt and plant based butter. It has a somewhat different taste, but it is creamy, rich and reminiscent of my childhood favorite.
Vegan corn pudding
- 1 cup unsweetened plant yogurt
- 1/4 lb plant butter
- 1 can whole corn
- 1 can creamed corn
- 2 egg replacements, prepared such as a Neat Egg or flax egg
- 1 box Vegetarian Jiffy cornbread mix
- Mix top 5 ingredients.
- Mix in cornbread mix. Don’t overmix.
- Pour into 9×9 or 11×7 greased pan and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 55 minutes.