Enjoy these delicious chocolate chip banana muffins for breakfast or even as dessert. It’s a great option as well for fellowship hour.
Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins (Vegan)
Delicious dairy and egg free banana muffins
Servings: 10 muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 ripe bananas medium-sized, mashed
- 6 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg replacement such as a Neat egg or flax egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp soy milk
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Lightly coat muffin liners with vegetable oil spray
- In one bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, mash bananas with fork. Mix in oil, brown sugar, egg replacer, vanilla and soy milk.
- Add the flour to the banana mixture and mix until just incorporated (don’t overmix or it will be tough).
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Evenly spoon batter into the 10 muffin liners. 10 muffins gives you a nice size dome; 11 would give a more moderate size muffin.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 425, and lower to 350 for 15 additional minutes. Check to see if it springs back. If it does, remove from pan and put on cooling rack. Otherwise, cook up to 5 minutes more.
Calories: 234kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 335mg | Potassium: 177mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 44IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 1mg