Enjoy this as either a salad or a toping for fajitas or burrito bowls.
I like using Spice House’s fajita seasoning – but you can use whatever brand you want, make your own, or use taco seasoning.
Zesty Corn Salad
- 1 pack frozen corn steamable
- 1 10-oz can diced tomatoes with chilis
- 1/2 small onion finely diced (4Tbsp)
- 1/2 t dried cilantro
- 1/4 t salt to taste
- 1/8-1/4 tsp fajita seasoning (to taste)
- 1/4 lime
- Cook corn and let cool
- Add finely diced onions to corn. If desired, add while corn is hot to sweat the onion.
- Add can of diced tomato and chilies.
- Add seasonings. Make sure to taste. Different brands of seasoning have different spice levels and salt content.
- Squeeze quarter lime into corn mixture.
- Enjoy as a salad or as a corn salsa