Some days you just crave a chocolatey treat. I’ve been in the mood for it all week long, but most chocolate cakes, including mug cakes, have eggs – or at least milk. This cake, based on the chocolate mug cake recipe from Table For Two certainly satisfied my sweet tooth!
The coconut milk adds an extra bit of sweetness, while the grated bakers chocolate adds some chocolatey richness. The lack of egg actually makes it a more moist cake rather than a spongy cake.
So next time when you want something sweet, but don’t want to bake an entire cake, just try out this chocolate mug cake!
Quick Chocolate Mug Cake
- 1/4 C all-purpose flour
- 2 T sugar
- 1/4 t baking powder
- 1/8 t salt
- 2 T cocoa powder
- 1/4 C coconut milk plus 1 Tablespoon
- 2 T vegetable oil
- 1/2 square baker’s chocolate grated or finely chopped
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Pour in coconut milk and vegetable oil. Stir until smooth.
- Grate bakers chocolate and stir into chocolate batter
- Pour into one or two microwaveable mugs or containers
- Microwave 70-90 seconds. Different size containers will change how fast it cooks, so keep an eye on it.