A nice change from cereal in the morning!
Breakfast Potatoes and Tofu
Servings: 2 servings
- 1 cup tofu diced (about 150 grams or 5-6 ounces)
- 1 tbsp oil olive
- 1 tsp oil sesame
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 cup onion chopped or cut in strips
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups potatoes sliced and boiled
- 1/2 tsp basil dried
- 1/4 tsp marjoram dried
- salt to taste optional
- red pepper dried, crushed (optional)
- Heat a nonstick electric frypan to 350. Add the olive oil and sesame oil. Then add the tofu and soy sauce and saute and stir until browned. Remove from the pan and reserve on a plate.
- Add the onions to the pan and saute for a couple of minutes. Add the garlic and stir to distribute evenly. Then add the potatoes, basil and marjoram.
- Cook until as browned as you like and then stir in the reserved tofu. Divide in half and spoon out onto breakfast plates.
- Serving size is about 1-1/2 cups per person.
- Each person may sprinkle their portion with dried crushed red pepper and additional salt to taste if desired.