Vegan Carrot Cake
Source: http://www.grouprecipes.com/58030/vegan-carrot-cake.html Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 55 minutes
- 3/4 c sugar
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 2 c flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 c finely shredded carrots
- 3/4 c vegetable oil
- 3/4 c apple sauce
- 2 tsp vanilla
- egg replacer for 4 eggs
- 1/2 c chopped nuts optional
- 3 oz Better Than Cream Cheese room temperature
- 1/4 c margarine
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 c powdered sugar
- For cake, grease and flour 10" X 9" cake pan.
- Stir together dry ingredients.
- Mix in carrots, egg replacer, oil, applesauce, and vanilla.
- Beat 2 - 3 mins, until well mixed. Stir in nuts.
- Bake at 350 F for 50 - 60 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack. Frost when cool.
- For icing, blend all ingredients and frost cake.