"What do you do with all your large zucchini? For one, you can stuff them with any of your favorite stuffings. They make a one-dish meal that's attractive and filling."
- 1 pound large zucchni or several smaller ones totaling 1
- 1 t vegetable or olive oil
- 1/2 pound veggie crumbles
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup tomato sauce or 1 1/2 C chopped tomatoes canned or fresh, vegan
- 1 T chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 t ground black pepper
- 1/2 t celery seed
- 1/2 t chopped fresh basil
- dash of Tabasco sauce
- 1 t fresh lemon juice or herbed vinegar
- Clean and cut the zucchini in half lengthwise. Scoop out the center of each half, leaving at least a 1/2 inch think shell, then discard the seeds and chop up the good pulp.
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Saute' the onions until soft. Add veggie crumbles and brown. Add the chopped zucchini, tomato sauce, parsely, salt, peper, celery seed, and basil. Reduce the heat to medium and stir until thoroughly heated.
- Spoon into the zucchini shells. Whisk the Tabasco and lemon juice together and sprinkle over the top.
- Place in a 9x13 in baking pan and bake in a preheated 350° oven for 30 minutes.
- Cut the baked zucchini into 3- to 4-inch pieces for serving. Enjoy!