Oven Baked Fish in White Wine
Source: RecipeZaar (http://www.recipezaar.com/Oven-Baked-Fish-in-White-Wine-222712)
This is a simple dish. The fish is baked in white wine and parsley. The fish is very moist and tender when cooked. A simple but elegant dish
Note: This recipe is appropriate for Fish and Wine fast days. I haven’t tested this – but it might work well with shrimp instead of fish. If you try it out with shrimp – please comment on how it worked out!
- 4 large fish fillets, no skin works best
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to moderate 180° C.
- Place fish side by side in a lightly greased baking dish.
- Season with salt and pepper. Pour the wine over the fish.
- Bake about 20 minutes- check the fish has cooked. Remove fish to a warmed plate and cover with aluminum foil to keep the fish warm.
- Place the baking dish over a high heat, or alternatively pour the juices into a saucepan. Boil the liquid rapidly until slightly reduced.
- Serve the fish with the sauce poured over the top. Garnish with the parsley and serve with lemon wedges.
- Great accompanied by a light salad or steamed green vegetables.