Delicious nutty, oat waffles!
Servings: 4 7"x7" waffles
- 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts broken or chopped
- 2 cup oatmeal dry, Old-Fashioned or Quick -- NOT Instant
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Put all ingredients into blender and blend well. Then, turn on waffle iron and let heat. Batter will thicken slightly while waiting.
- Spray the waffle iron with non-stick spray. Bake on the iron until the light turns off, at least 5 minutes, or until done. Don't peek too early, or the waffle will separate and make a mess!
- NOTE: I pour a circle onto the center of the waffle iron, and it does not fill in the corners
Calories: 253kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 294mg | Potassium: 210mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin C: 0.3mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 2.2mg