- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 C olive oil
- 1/4 C tomato sauce
- 2 T red wine vinegar
- 2 T chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 t cayenne pepper
- 2 lbs fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large bowl, stir together the garlic, olive oil, tomato sauce, and red wine vinegar.
- Season with basil, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Add shrimp to the bowl, and stir until evenly coated.
- Cover, and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour, stirring once or twice.
- Preheat grill for medium heat.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers, piercing once near the tail and once near the head. Discard marinade.
- Lightly oil grill grate.
- Cook shrimp on preheated grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until opaque.