This is a light cake and the coffee adds a nice rich flavor. Sprinkle confectioner’s sugar on top or use a vegan chocolate icing.
Lenten Chocolate Mocha Cake
- 3 cups flour less 3 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups coffee strong, cold
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 cup cocoa Hershey's or dutch
- 1 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract pure
- 2 cup sugar
- Sift or whisk all dry ingredients together, combine remaining ingredients together & add to flour. Beat w/ mixer until smooth. Pour into greased & floured 13x9 pan. Bake at 350 degrees approximately 35-40 minutes. Cool, and if desired, dust w/ confectioners sugar or make your favorite Lenten frosting.