Cornbread (Dairy Free)
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 1/2 tsp powdered egg replacer
- 2 Tbsp water warm
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 3/4 cup flour whole wheat pastry
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tap salt
- 3 Tbspsp honey
- 3 Tbsp oil canola
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 3/4 cup minus 2 tsp milk non-dairy (soy)
- Preheat oven to 400. Grease a 9" pyrex pie pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg replacer and water together until frothy, and set aside. Measure 2 teaspoons of lemon juice into a 1 cup glass measuring cup, then pour in soy milk to the 3/4 cup measure, and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the cornmeal, whole wheat pastry flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Now, add the honey and oil to the egg replacer (measure out one tablespoon oil, then one tablespoon honey three times using the same tablespoon and the honey will slide right out). Mix with the egg replacer. Then pour in the soy milk/lemon juice and mix.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Pour into the prepared pie pan. Bake at 400 for 15 - 20 minutes or until done. Cut into 8 wedges.