Cranberry Cabernet Sauce
- 3 T extra virgin olive oil or other type of oil on oil days
- 1 large shallot
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup cabernet
- 1 cup faux chicken stock or vegetable broth
- 1 T arrowroot
- 2 T water
- 3 T Earth Balance or other vegan butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a saute pan.
- Add the shallots and saute for 3 mins.
- Add the thyme and cranberries and saute for 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cabernet and scrape the bottom of the pan, then reduce the liquid by half.
- Add the stock and reduce by half.
- Mix the arrowroot with the water and add to the pan. stir well and continue to cook for 2 mins.
- Turn heat off and whisk in the vegan butter 1 tbsp. at a time.
- Remove thyme stems.