Source: Laura Ritchey
Originally found at “In a Vegetarian Kitchen: Vegan Thanksgiving” (http://vegkitchen.com/recipes/vegetarian-thanksgiving.htm)
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons non-hydrogenated margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 large apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- Ground cloves
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake or microwave the sweet potatoes until done but still firm. When cool enough to handle, cut them into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- Oil a deep, 1 1/2 quart baking casserole. Arrange half of the sweet potato slices on the bottom. Drizzle with half of the margarine, then half of the maple syrup. Top with the apple slices. Sprinkle lightly with the cinnamon and cloves. Repeat the layers, then pour the apple juice over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes, covered, then for another 10 minutes, uncovered. Serve at once or cover and keep warm until needed.