This pasta dish with cabbage and onions is a favorite for fellowship hour, contributed by a parishioner of Holy Apostles Mission in Mechanicsburg, PA.
- 1 head cabbage cored and coarsely chopped
- cooking oil of your choice
- garlic salt to taste
- 2 cups pasta small bow-ties work best
- Cut out the core and cut the cabbage in half or quarters.
- Coarsely shred the cabbage.
- Add oil to large frying pan and sauté until soft.
- Add cabbage, and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic salt and cover. Cook until cabbage is tender.
- Add cooked pasta and blend well.
- I you like your halushky browned, you can continue to cook on low until desired color is reached.
- Serve warm. This is even better as reheated leftovers.