Warm Tomato and Green Bean Pasta Salad
Source: Catherine Marshall, "When You Fast" (http://www.amazon.com/When-You-Fast-Recipes-Seasons/dp/08814126 On an oil day, add some good olive oil to the marinated mixture, to taste.
- 5 plum tomatoes chopped (about 2 to 2 1/4 cups)
- 1 t salt
- 2 T sugar
- 1/2 t oregano
- 1/8 cup chopped green onions
- 4 T red wine vinegar
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 16-ounce package frozen cut green beans.
- 2 cup uncooked medium or large pasta shells not stuffing-size
- Mix together the first 7 ingredients (tomatoes through pepper) and marinate while preparing the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook the frozen green beans according to package directions to keep hot.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add salt. Boil the pasta until tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Ten minutes after you add the pasta to the boiling water, ladle off about 1/4 C of the pasta cooking water. Add to the marinated tomato mixture.
- Drain the cooked pasta. Drain the hot green beans. Add both to the tomato mixture. Toss well and serve immediately.
[amazon_link asins='0881412627' template='ProductGrid' store='lentenseaso08-20' marketplace='US' link_id='0ae49d1a-1ccc-11e7-b14c-f745e6ebd040']