Delicious, dairy-free biscuits! No cutting or rolling needed, and only 28 minutes start to finish!
Servings: 12 biscuits
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup margarine vegan
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup minus 1 tbsp milk non-dairy
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Put 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar in the bottom of a 1 cup measure and fill with soy milk. Set aside.
- Put the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and soda into a large bowl and mix. Then cut in the margarine. Then stir in the vinegar-soy milk mixture.
- Knead in the bowl with your hands about 20 to 25 times.
- Press evenly into an ungreased 9 x 9 in pan and before you bake it, cut with a knife into serving size pieces. (I cut into 4 pieces one way and 3 the other to make 12 pieces.) Leave all the pieces together in the pan and put into the oven.
- Bake for about 18 minutes. Makes 12 servings, 1 biscuit each.
VARIATION: To use this recipe for Strawberry Shortcake change the amount of sugar to 6 tablespoons. Recipe generously provided by Ruth Baum from St. Ignatius Orthodox Church in Madison, Wisconsin