This is a sturdy loaf, very nourishing. Great with salads, soups, as sandwiches or toasted with jam.
Oatmeal Bread to Live For
- 1 1/4 cup water hot
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 2 to 2 1/4 cup flour whole wheat
- 1 tbsp vital gluten
- 2 tsp oil canola
- 1 tsp salt (preferably sea salt)
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
- Put water, oil and brown sugar in bread machine.
- Add the oatmeal and let it sit for five minutes.
- Add 2 cups of flour
- Make a well in the middle of the flour for the yeast and carefully add the salt around the edges.
- Turn on the bread machine (use a setting for 1.5 lb. loaf, dark if you have it)
- If the dough seems too sticky, add additional flour as required.
- When you have a nice dough going, add the sunflower seeds.
- Let the dough bake in the bread machine until done. Enjoy!