Vegan Oatmeal Pancakes
Serve with fresh sliced strawberries (Yum!) or with maple syrup and margarine.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup Quick Oatmeal not instant
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice or vinegar
- 1-1/4 cup soy milk approximately
- Put 1 tablespoon of lemon juice (or vinegar) in a 1 cup measure and fill cup with soy milk. Set aside.
- Measure all of the dry ingredients into a bowl and mix together with a spoon.
- Pour in the oil, and the soured soy milk. Stir until just mixed. If not thin enough for pancake batter, stir in up to 1/4 cup more of soy milk (or water).
- Fry in margarine as for regular pancakes.
Source: Ruth Baum, St Ignatius Orthodox Church, Madison, WI