Tagliatelle and Pesto
This must be the best pesto and pasta recipe I have ever seen. I could eat this every single day.
Servings: 2 people
- 175 g tagliatelle
- 1 clove garlic
- 12.5 g pine kernels
- 50 g basil leaves
- 6.25 dl oil (extra virgin olive if not strict fast day)
- 27.5 g Parmesan cheese vegan for strict fast days
- bacon bits vegan (optional)
Fresh Pesto (you can make this in advance)
- We'll be using a food processor to make the pesto. Put the garlic, pine kernels and some salt in there and process briefly.
- Add the basil leaves (but keep some for the presentation) and blend to a green paste.
- While processing, gradually add the olive oil and finally add the Parmesan cheese.
Finishing the dish
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil and cook your tagliatelle al dente.
- Use the cooking time of the pasta to sauté your bacon strips.
- After about 8 to 10 minutes, the pasta should be done. Drain it and put it back in the pot to mix it with the pesto.
- Present the dish with some fresh basil leaves on top.
Calories: 1866kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 183g | Saturated Fat: 30g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 20g | Monounsaturated Fat: 123g | Cholesterol: 116mg | Sodium: 1289mg | Potassium: 308mg | Fiber: 1.7g | Sugar: 1.7g | Vitamin A: 45IU | Vitamin C: 0.4mg | Calcium: 87mg | Iron: 18.9mg