Blackened Green Beans with Garlic and Sesame Ginger
Source: Spiral Path Farm (http://www.spiralpathfarm.com/beans.html)
- 1-2 C green beans (whole with “tails” left on)
- 3 cloves garlic
- Vegetable Oil (olive oil if oil day)
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 t pepper
- 1/2 C prepared sesame-ginger salad dressing
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- Snap the ends from 1-2 cups Green Beans, leaving the “tails”, and leave the beans whole length (this makes a beautiful presentation)
- Peel & slice 3 cloves garlic.
- In a large heavy skillet, heat 3 Tbsp olive oil to very hot – add the beans all at once.
- Stir frequently on high heat till they begin to blacken (should be bright green & crispy).
- Add the garlic & sprinkle with 1/2 tsp salt & 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Stir often for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Drizzle with 1/2 cup prepared sesame-ginger salad dressing & 1 tsp fresh grated ginger