Vegan Apple Crisp
Delicious apple crisp, great piping hot or cold!
Servings: 12 servings (1-13x9 pan)
- 7 cup tart apples heaping cups, peeled, cored, and sliced ½" thick
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp ground cloves
- 1 cup flour
- ¾ cup quick oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup vegan margarine melted
- Spread apples in an ungreased 9×13″ pan.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together sugar, water and cornstarch.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened and semi-translucent.
- Pour mixture over apples.
- Sprinkle apples generously with cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, oatmeal, and brown sugar.
- Stir in the the margarine until mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle streusel evenly over apples. Press lightly.
- Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until apples are tender and streusel is golden.
- Serve hot, with a dollop of vanilla soy ice cream.
Recipe by Hell Yeah It's Vegan! at http://hellyeahitsvegan.com/vegan-apple-crisp/