Rice Noodles with Peanut Sauce
Rice stick noodles are white and translucent and have a very delicate flavor and texture, making them perfect for soaking up whatever flavors they’re mixed with. Look for them in the Asian-foods section of the supermarket.
Course: Main Dish
- 8 oz rice stick noodles
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 T soy sauce
- 1 t grated gingerroot
- 1/2 t crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup shredded carrots 1 1/2 medium
- 1 small red bell pepper cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 medium green onions sliced (2 T)
- 2 T chopped fresh cilantro if desired
- In 3-quart saucepan, heat 2 quarts water to boiling. Break noodles in half and pull aprt slightly; drop into boiling water. Cook uncovered 1 minute; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain.
- In a small bowl, beat peanut butter, soy sauce, gingerroot and crushed red pepper with wire whisk until smooth. Gradually beat in broth.
- Place noodles in large bowl. Add peanut butter mixture, carrots, bell pepper and onions; toss. Sprinkle with cilantro.