Tomato Soup Cake
This is a good moist cake don't let the tomato soup turn you off you won't know it's in the cake!
- 1/2 cup crisco shortning
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tsp baking soda
- 1 small can (1 cup) tomato soup
- 2 cup cake flour or subst.1 T. cornstarch then fill measurew/ flour for each cup..
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cloves
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup finely chop nuts optional
- Cream well: crisco, sugar,tomato soup, & baking soda
- Sift remaining dry ingreds 3 times..Add to creamed mixture beating well..
- Add raisins & nuts
- Bake in well greased & floured bundt pan..
- 300 degrees for 45 mns. to a hour..
- Can serve plain, or dusted with XXX sugar..Or make a simple glaze frosting