Often, we need something quick and easy after work and especially after evening Lenten services. This recipe is perfect for breakfast – or a quick dinner!
Blueberries also are a nutritional powerhouse, and oats are an excellent whole grain – and even can help lower cholesterol. I highly recommend this recipe.
Blueberry Honey Oatmeal
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons honey mild
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 teaspoon Lemon zest finely chopped
- 1/2 cup almondmilk original unsweetened
- Boil water in medium size saucepan. Add salt, cinnamon, honey and oatmeal. Reduce the heat, and simmer uncovered for five minutes or until most of the water has been absorbed.
- Add the lemon zest (I use a microplaner to zest the lemon).
- Add the blueberries and almond milk (or alternate non-dairy milk). Bring back to simmer, and simmer five more minutes or until the oatmeal is thick and creamy. Blueberries may begin to pop. Cover and let stand for five minutes, then serve.