Simple Vegan Pesto
Pesto dresses up a variety of dishes - from simple spaghetti, to spreading over toasted Italian bread (it's especially good with chopped tomatoes, onions and shrimp!)
Course: Sauces and Dips
- 3 cups fresh basil leaves
- 6 tbsp pine nuts or walnuts
- 2-4 cloves garlic
- 3/4 tsp coarse sea salt
- 6 tbsp oil preferably olive oil if not a strict fast day
- Put the basil, nuts, garlic and salt into a food processor or good blender.
- Process (blend) until all the goodies are finely chopped.
- Add the oil and process till its all worked in together.