These enchiladas are cholesterol free and very low in fat. They have a special taste because of the potatoes in the filling and the addition of spaghetti sauce
Servings: 12 enchiladas
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 cup onions
- 1 cup potatoes
- 1 cup canned beans your favorite kind
- 1 cup zucchini diced
- 1 cup olives sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon Lawry seasoning
- 2 cups enchilada sauce canned
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce from a jar
- Non-stick spray optional
- Boil or steam the potatoes until almost done, but still firm, If you want to, peel the skin off with a knife while the potatoes are still warm. Dice the potatoes into small cubes. Next, sautĂ© the onions in oil until transparent. Add some of the salt, oregano, and Lawry spice to the onions while they are cooking. In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked potatoes, the beans, the zucchini, the olives, and the sauteed onions. Season with salt, oregano, and Lawry spice to taste, and mix well. You can use any of your favorite seasonings.
- Next, combine the enchilada sauce and spaghetti sauce in a bowl and mix well. If you want to make the corn tortillas softer before rolling the enchiladas, heat a drop of oil in a non-stick skillet and cook them briefly on each side, one at a time. Transfer them to a plate.
- Grease or use non-stick spray to lightly coat a large ovenproof baking dish. You are now ready to roll your enchiladas. One at a time, spread a spoonful of the sauce on a corn tortilla, fill with 1/4 cup of the vegetable bean mixture, and roll up each tortilla. Place them in the baking dish, seam side down. Alternatively, you can dip each corn tortilla in the sauce before you add the filling, making sure that you coat each side of the tortilla with sauce. After all the tortillas are filled and rolled and in the baking dish, cover them with the red sauce, adding as much sauce as you like.
- Bake in the oven at 350Âş for 20-25 minutes if you leave the dish uncovered. For a softer enchilada, cover the dish with foil on top and then bake for 45-50 minutes. Garnish with lettuce, tomatoes, and avocados and enjoy!