One of the most versatile breads, naan flat bread can be used for almost anything – from pizzas, dips, sandwiches and more. Simple, quick and delicious!
Naan - Simple and Quick
- 3 cups flour unbleached
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 (0.75 ounce) packs yeast active dry
- 1 1/2 cups water warm
- 1/4 cup oil (or vegan margarine)
- herbs and spices as desired
- Additional oil (or vegan margarine) for cooking
- Mix the flour, salt and yeast (and seasonings if desired) in a bowl.
- Let the mixture sit to proof
- Mix warm water with the oil or cut the vegan butter into the mixture evenly. Add additional water as needed.
- Knead until slightly tacky, but not overly wet and sticky.
- Place in greased bowl and cover with a wet towel.
- Let rise for at least 30 minutes in a warm place.
- Section the dough into pieces slightly larger than a golf ball and roll out on a floured surface.
- Cooke each side in a skillet with the extra oil or vegan margarine for around 45 seconds per side. (It may take longer for thicker pieces.)
- Watch for the bread to puff up; this means that it is ready to flip. It should be a light golden brown color.
- Keep flat breads warm in oven until all the naan flat breads are cooked.
- Store the bread at room temperature for up to 2 days (3 including the day made). Freeze if you do not plan to eat it in that time period.