These cookies have a crispy crust surrounding a chewy center with delicious chocolate chips.
Tip of the day: Use your hands to mix in the chocolate chips for even distribution!
Crispy Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients for first mixing bowl
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons applesauce unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract pure
Ingredients for second mixing bowl
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour (or white wheat if you want to be 'healthy')
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Ingredients to mix in
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (or carob chips)
- 2-3 teaspoons milk non-dairy (if needed)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Stir together the oil, sugar, syrup, applesauce and vanilla in a medium-sized bowl
- Add in flour, baking soda, and salt (no need to sift!). Stir in chocolate chips with hands. If dough is a little dry, gradually add a small amount of soy milk, maybe a couple teaspoons, until it holds together.
- Drop by large spoonfuls, 3-4 tablespoons each (for large cookies) and slightly flatten. Bake for about 10 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.