Great for snacks and for dessert!
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup Karo syrup dark
- 1/2 stick margarine vegan
- 6 cups Cheerios cereal
- 1-1/2 cups pecans and almonds crushed and slivered
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Grease cookie sheet.
- In a large pot, stir together brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and salt. Heat over medium heat about 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until brown sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat. Stir in cereal, pecans and almonds until well coated. Spread mixture onto your cookie sheet.
- Bake uncovered 15 minutes. Cool 10 minutes. Loosen mixture with a metal spatula. Let stand about 15 minutes; break into pieces.