Basic (Unintentional) Vegan White Cake
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoonss baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water filtered
- 2 cups sugar granulated
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract pure
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract or lemon or orange extract
- 2/3 cup oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl (except sugar). Whisk wet ingredients, including sugar, in a separate mixing bowl
- Combine the two mixes, whisking until just mixed (do not overmix). Scrape sides of bowl to incorporate.
- Spray 2 round cake pans with pan-spray and shake 2 teaspoons flour in each pan to coat. Pour batter into pans and bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes (until firm and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean).
- Let cakes cool completely on racks. Pop out of pans and decorate.