- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2/3 cup corn oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- grated zest from 1 orange
- 1/2 cup dark raisins
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- Sift dry ingredients twice.
- In bowl combine oil, sugar, orange juice, and orange zest.
- Slowly add to dry ingredients stirring well.
- Add nuts and raisins and mix well.
- Pour into greased and floured 13x9 pan. Bake at 350 degrees 30-45 minutes.
- Watch carefully after 30 minutes for browning. If need be cover loosely w/ foil.
- Sift together some powdered sugar and cinnamon on cooled bars.
These were real good – everyone at church liked them. I bake a lot & changed the recipe, however – 2 c flour, 1 1/2 tsp b pdr, 1 tsp b soda, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp sea salt, 3/4 c sunflower oil, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 c raw honey, 1/2 c OJ, 1/2 c raisins, 1/2 c walnuts. For frosting I used: 3/4 c soy-free Earth Balance, 2/3 c raw honey (not melted), 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1 c + 2 Tb tapioca flour, 1 Tb OJ (whip together). Thank you for recipe. Christ is risen!
So glad you enjoyed them! Thank you for letting me know how you changed the recipe – I will try that out. Indeed He is risen!