These have always been popular during Lenten gatherings. Ingredients (Contributor: Greg)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2/3 cup corn oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- grated zest from 1 orange
- 1/2 cup dark raisins
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- Sift dry ingredients twice.
- In bowl combine oil, sugar, orange juice, and orange zest.
- Slowly add to dry ingredients stirring well.
- Add nuts and raisins and mix well.
- Pour into greased and floured 13x9 pan. Bake at 350 degrees 30-45 minutes.
- Watch carefully after 30 minutes for browning. If need be cover loosely w/ foil.
- Sift together some powdered sugar and cinnamon on cooled bars.