Southwestern Corn and Black-eyed Pea Salad
Black beans or brown rice can be substituted for the black-eyed peas in this salad.
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp oil water can be substituted
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp hot pepper sauce
- 1/3 cup red pepper chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions sliced
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 1 15-oz can black eyed peas rinsed; black beans or brown rice can be substituted
- 1 11-oz can whole corn drained
- In a large bowl, stir together all dressing ingredients. Add all salad ingredients; toss to coat. Cover; refrigerate at least 3 hours.