Include an egg for each person of your family! Often the women of our parish make many onion skin dyed pascha eggs, as they are passed out to those attending the Paschal services after the service is completed.
Onion Skin Dyed Pascha Eggs
Course: Pascha Recipes
- onion skins
- Place a thick layer of onion skins in a heavy pot.
- Place a layer of eggs on top.
- Add another layer of onion skins.
- Alternate layers of onion skins and eggs until you have the amount of eggs you desire.
- Fill the pot with water to cover.
- Cook on medium heat, checking occasionally, until the eggs are almost a deep burgundy color.