5-6 hours on LOW
2-3 hours on HIGH
4 – 4.5 Quarts
5 – 5.5 Quarts
6 – 6.5 Quarts
- 2 tablespoons peanut or canola oil
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 4 to 5 potatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 stalk celery, sliced thin
- 1 leek, sliced thin
- 2 cups broccoli, washed and cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh-squeezed
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon horseradish, pure prepared
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 5 cups water
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, fresh, shelled, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups brown rice, steamed
- In a skillet placed on stovetop set to medium heat, add the oil, onions, potato, carrot, celery, and leeks. Sauté the vegetables for 10-12 minutes, or until they begin to soften.
- Transfer the stoneware to the slow cooker heating base. Add the sautéed vegetables along with the remaining ingredients (except sugar snap peas and rice).
- Cover and cook on High for 2 to 3 hours or on Low for 5 to 6 hours.
- Fifteen minutes before serving, add the sugar snap peas and stir well. To serve, portion the rice into 4 bowls. Ladle the soup over the rice and serve immediately.