Delicious lenten cookies, with a citrus orange flavor
Easter cookies with orange (Lenten)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1.5 cup sugar
- zest orange from 2 (or 1 tablespoon citrus zest)
- 1.5 kg all-purpose flour (or approximately 6 cups flour)
- 20 g baking powder (1-1/3 teaspoon)
- 4 vanilla powder (or 4 teaspoons vanilla extract)
- In a big bowl, add the oil, orange juice, vanilla, orange zest and stir to combine the ingredients.
- Slowly add some flour and stir.
- Add baking powder and continue stirring.
- Continue to add flour and knead the dough until it is soft and does not stick on hands (add additional flour if needed, as the metric to cup conversion is not exact).
- Shape cookies into whatever shape you want.
- Place them on parchment / baking paper and bake in preheated oven at 160-170 degrees celsius (320-350 farenheit) for 15-20 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes on baking sheet; remove to cooling rack until cool.