Servings: 2 pizzas
You can add other seafood (squid, octopus) of your preference to the topping. If you don´t like so much garlic, do not spread the 2 sliced cloves garlic over the pizza crust.
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons yeast
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 pound medium or large shrimps, peeled and deveined
- 7 cloves garlic, sliced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Tomato Sauce
- 3 cups chopped canned tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Salt to taste
- In a large bowl mix well the yeast, sugar and water. Add oil, salt and 1 cup of the flour and wix all together with a spoon. Cover the bowl with a kitchen towel and let the dough rest for 1 hour.
- Add the remaining flour gradually and mix well with a large wooden spoon or your hands until the dough holds its shape.
- Place the dough on a floured board and knead until smooth and elastic for about 5 minute. Transfer the dough to the bowl and let the dough rest for 30 minutes.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface, divide it into two parts and roll them into balls. Use a rolling pin to flatten it out to about 1/4″ thick.
- Place the dough in a a lightly oiled pizza pan. In preheated oven, bake it at 350F degrees for 8 minutes until almost cooked.
- Spread with tomato sauce, shrimps and remaining sliced garlic. Bring back to oven and bake for 10 minutes more.
- Tomato Sauce
- Mix well all the ingredients together and spread the mixture over the pizza crust.
- Saute 5 of the cloves garlic (reserve two to spread over the pizza crust) in oil over medium low heat until soft. Add shrimp and tomato puree. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, then add parsley.
- Spread the shrimps mixture over the pizza crust.
Shrimp Scampi Pizza