Per Serving: 435 cal; 15.5 g fat (1.8 g sat.= fat); 25.4 g protein; 49.5 g carb; 1.6 g fiber
- 3 t vegetable oil (olive oil if oil day)
- 2 scallions, white and green parts separated, thinly sliced
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/4 C long-grain white rice
- 2 T soy sauce
- 1 T fresh lime juice
- 1/2 t sugar
- 1 t sliced jalapeno or serrano chile
- 1/4 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 T fresh cilantro
- In a small saucepan, heat 1 t oil over medium heat. Add scallion whites, season with salt and pper, and cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Add rice and 1/3 C water and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce to a simmer; cook until rice is tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine soy sauce, lime juic, sugar, and chile. In a small non-stick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high. Add shrimpa nd cook until opaque throughout, 2 to 3 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork, and top with scallion greens and cilantro. Serve shrimp with scallion rice and soy-lime sauce for dipping.
Sautéed Shrimp with Scallion Rice and Soy-Lime Sauce for One