Warm Tomato and Green Bean Pasta Salad
Source: Catherine Marshall, "When You Fast" (http://www.amazon.com/When-You-Fast-Recipes-Seasons/dp/08814126
On an oil day, add some good olive oil to the marinated mixture, to taste.
- 5 plum tomatoes, chopped (about 2 to 2 1/4 cups)
- 1 t salt
- 2 T sugar
- 1/2 t oregano
- 1/8 C chopped green onions
- 4 T red wine vinegar
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen cut green beans.
- 2 C uncooked medium or large (not stuffing-size) pasta shells
- Mix together the first 7 ingredients (tomatoes through pepper) and marinate while preparing the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook the frozen green beans according to package directions to keep hot.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add salt. Boil the pasta until tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Ten minutes after you add the pasta to the boiling water, ladle off about 1/4 C of the pasta cooking water. Add to the marinated tomato mixture.
- Drain the cooked pasta. Drain the hot green beans. Add both to the tomato mixture. Toss well and serve immediately.
This comment form is powered by GentleSource Comment Script. It can be included in PHP or HTML files and allows visitors to leave comments on the website.