Quinoa and Black Beans
Source: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Quinoa-and-Black-Beans/Detail.aspx Prep: 15 minutes Cook: 35 minutes
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and chopped
- 3/4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 2 cans black beans rinsed and drained, 15 ounce
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the onion and garlic, and saute until lightly browned.
Mix quinoa into the saucepan and cover with vegetable broth. Season with cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes,
Stir frozen corn into the saucepan, and continue to simmer about 5 minutes until heated through. Mix in the black beans and cilantro.
Recipe NotesThis protein-packed dish is easy and tastes great!