- 6 heaped tbsp Patna rice
- 3-4 small red or green chillies
- 1 small head radicchio, sliced very finely
- 3 small heads pak choi or similar Chinese green sliced finely
- 400ml full-fat coconut milk
- juice 3 limes
- 500g fresh prawns
- sea salt and pepper
- Heat a large pan of cold water, season and when it comes to the boil, add the rice. Simmer for 8-10 minutes or until the rice is cooked without being mushy. Drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, seed the chilies and cut them into very thin matchsticks.
- Fry in a pan taking care not to stand right over them as the oil can choke you!
- Add the sliced radicchio and pak choi with the coconut milk. Bring to the boil and simmer for a couple of minutes only.
- Add the lime juice and the prawns and continue to simmer for a further 2-3 minutes or until the prawns are cooked.
- Season to taste and serve immediately with the rice and a green salad.
Prawns with Coconut Milk