Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Servings: 3 people
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour or all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 large ripe bananas mashed well
- 1 1/4 cup almond milk original
- 1 tsp vanilla unless non-dairy milk contains vanilla flavoring
- 1/2 cup Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips or other non-dairy chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/2 cup blueberries (optional)
- 1/2 cup pecans (optional)
- Non-stick spray or coconut oil for greasing pan
Dry Ingredients: Combine dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder and salt) in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
Wet Ingredients: Mash bananas and combine with soy milk
Mix banana mixture with dry ingredients until just incorporated. It will still be lumpy when properly mixed.
Mix Ins: Fold in the mix-in of your choice (chocolate chips, blueberries, pecans or whatever else you enjoy).
Lightly grease a pan or griddle using coconut oil or cooking spray. Add about 1/4 - 1/3 cup batter to the pan for each pancake.
Cook until golden on both sides. Serve immediately with syrup, jam or confectioner's sugar (depending on your mix-in)!